View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 03:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Have same problem

First I would like to say you are not alone. You are correct about Dr.Mackinnon. I to went to Stanford. Dr.Curtin was my surgeon and she is phenomenal. However, I still have problems. The surgery was not a guarentee, but I was willing to take the chance. Contact Aitken,Aitken,Cohn. Mr.Cohn is my attorney and has delt with cases like this and won. He is located in Santa Ana. 714-434-1422. Contact immediately. Staue of limitation is limited to 1yr. from the date of injury. Hope it's not too late.. Please contact him. I as well don;t want anyone to ever ave this type of injury to happen to them, if it does, I hope they seek his help. I researched attorneys and he is the only only that has experience in this type of case. Al other attorneys will not take case. trust me. I called every attorney and they all turned me away. He didn;t. He is incredible. Please call immediately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by attipay View Post
I had a lymph node removed from my neck in July of last year. After 4 MRI's 3 Nerve conduction tests....my Neuros and Orthos sent me to Stanford University. It was there that they knew exactly what had happened. I was elated to know that there IS a new cutting edge procedure where they take a nerve that is not so important and put it through the tunnel where the damaged nerve was. Nerves grow 1 inch per month (If I remember correctly). My surgery is scheduled for April 30th but I am on a waiting list. My shoulder will only have to be stabilized for 2 1/2 weeks and then I resume my normal activities. Will probably have physical therapy.
I believe the person that invented this procedure was Susan E Mackinnon in St. Louis. She may be able to tell you who to go to in your area. I live in Ca. and Stanford was well aware of this surgery. The surgeon that did the damage was a general surgeon and my trapezius and sternocliomastoid (sp) muscle/nerves were BOTH injured along with a rotator cuff tear from the way I was positioned in the hospital.
I hope this is something that will help all of you......I have found a plethora of information on Google about this nasty problem that ALL surgeons should be aware of....
Google "Malpractice Litigation After Surgical Injury
of the Spinal Accessory Nerve" You will learn a LOT! This should NOT be happening to anyone!
Godspeed to all of you....I KNOW your pain.
mwm121999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote