View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaky View Post

It can be very depressing. I have had since March of 2008 2 spinal fusions, a tethered cord release and 2 months after the release the Dr had to go back in and drain spinal fluid that had built up. I have not worked since because of the pain that I endure daily. Unless you experience it, you have no idea because it is so difficult to explain. I have tried to describe my pain to my husband and kids but I don't think, I know, they will never fully understand unless it happens to them and I PRAY it doesn't. I have yet to be approved for my disability so you can imagine my frustration but yet I trudge on. My quality of life has dimenished so much. I DO NOT give up. Friday i go back for another MRI to make sure there is not something they have missed and then the first of May for an EMG on the legs. I have no idea what the results will be, what I do know is I would love to be NORMAL again , something I miss so desperately. I wish you all the luck and will be thinking of you!
I have had eight open surgeries........3 cervies and 5 lumbies. The cervies were in 86, 95 and 96. My neck has been stable and pain free since 96. I am 63 now and there are some arthritic changes but nothing that a little moist heat and muscle rub won't releave. I am thrilled. The lower lumbar is another story. It is a complete mess to put it simply. I have two more levels that the surgeons would like to repair but that isn't going to happpen. Best wishes.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote