View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraD View Post
I learned from your posts in fact to chill out because my dr basically said if I screw this up, he's not doing it again.

As far of coverage, its not bad! Luckily I am not also dealing with major pain flair up in addition to my surgery (someone is looking out for me and only giving me what I can handle!) so it's the surgical sites, swelling and uncomfortableness of trying to sit, stand and lie down. Ugh. Sleep! I've been sleeping in a recliner for 12 nights now because my bed is too hard and I can feel the battery pack and muscles move around when I lay on my sides. And, of course I still can't lay on my back.

I am stressing though because I fly out to Ft. lauderdale Texas on the 12th of this month alone for work and I'm worried about carrying my luggage and overdoing it. This has by far been the toughest recovery! They really played it down.
Hi Tara -

Glad you are taking it slow and easy. I made the mistake of only taking 1 1/2 weeks off when I had both SCS implanted (cervical and thoracic). I definitely went back to work too early!! When I had the thoracic leads changed out to paddle leads and that battery moved, I took 2 1/2 weeks that time and felt much better going back to work. It is a very uncomfortable surgery to heal from, but in time you will heal. I had to sleep on the recliner and sofa for quite a while myself, our bed was way too uncomfortable.

Because of the restrictions, I have had to learn to ask for help. You would be surprised, but there are many people who are willing to help you! I am sure you can get help with your bags, etc. Just ask...don't do it yourself!!

Wishing you continued healing!!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (04-06-2012), Rrae (04-06-2012)