View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 09:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jack,
I've had TLE for 35 yrs. and it's been proven that some people that are bipolar can end up having E. My best advice to you is to go to an Epilepsy Center and see and Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) along with seeing a neuropsych. these Drs. will team up together along with ordering an e.e.g and other tests to see if you have any brain damage or the possibility of trauma causing sz.
I have absence, complex partial, and once in awhile tonic clonic sz. I have mostly absence sz. and when I have the sz. I just lose my memory but I continue talking to others and doing what I'm in the middle of doing. The best ex. for an absence sz. is having a few to many drinks and not remembering to drive home.
Stay away from anything with nutra sweet ex. diet soda because it's been proven that nutra sweet causes more electrical activity in the brain which can lead to sz. Start keeping a diary of all your possible sz. Get a calendar and write down what time the sz. happens along with a discription of the sz. by doing this the Dr. may see a pattern in your sz. as to what time of day/night or what days of the week you are more likely to have any sz. Also try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. a day and cut back on the foods with starch and a lot of carbohydrates.
Check out these websites for more info.
www.epilepsy.com
http://www.neuropat.dote.hu/neurology.htm
when the main page comes up click on epilepsy

Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote