View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I take back what I said about my neurologist...

This new one I'm seeing took the time to sit down with me...yes, he actually SAT DOWN and talked with me. He was almost 2 hours behind on schedule. For close to an hour...he went over both my MRI's and my EEG's and took the time to figure out what was going on with me.

After looking over the MRI's, he said my brain looks perfect, except for the small damage done to my left frontal lobe and dried up blood. When I mentioned dementia, he laughed at me and said not likely. He assured me there was no sign of tumors or any type of neurological disease.

So, he came to the conclusion that its psychological.

Yes, I have cognitive problems but my brain is making me think they are far worse than they really are. He said there is no way it could be anything else.

Maybe I just need to chill out...I'm psyching myself into thinking that I'm more screwed up than I really am.

How embarrassing!!!! <blush>

Nick
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (04-05-2012)