View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 03:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfrog View Post
I guess jamiesgirl might feel that if he's not acknowledging his TBI, how is he going to take the necessary steps to promote his recovery?
This is partly it, yes. I want to help him take the steps towards recovery and for example, have been researching what would be best in terms of nutrition and vitamins. But he's not open to eating the right things or taking supplements - whereas I think if he accepted the severity of his TBI, he might be.

I also think long-term he would benefit from talking to other TBI survivors, whether it be on a forum like this or at a physical group - but atm he would totally dismiss that (cognitively he's more than able to use the internet and has been doing) because he doesn't think there's anything wrong, he wouldn't think he has anything in common.

But it's also about emotional recovery & that's why I posted really. I am assuming that you would go through stages after a TBI or other emotional trauma, much like the stages of grief? And therefore am assuming that denial is a normal stage? I don't want to rush him through it (perhaps my OP came across like that) I only want to support him through it...I was just interested from other people who may have been through it themselves, how long it lasted for - just so I can prepare myself really.
jamiesgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote