View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 03:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepentia View Post
Hi there, everyone is right- those with great outcomes rarely come back and post anymore because the symptoms and complications are gone- so the need for further guidence is no longer needed!

I have/had Atos and Vtos. I had my first scalenectomy/1st rib resection on my left side nearly one year ago (time flys!) and I am doing outstanding!! I will complete the right side as well this coming summer after the baby is born!
My surgeon knew that the surgery worked right away while I was still on the OP table- my artery opened 100% allowing the blood to flow freely into my left arm and back to the artery again on return. Prior to the surgery, the vascular ultrasounds showed that this was impossible in my left arm and nearly impossible in my right.
For me, the surgery was a piece of cake! the downtime also was not that difficult- but I didn't have Ntos, and I know that Ntos can really complicate recovery.

Good luck to you!
Between you and your surgeon, were you able to determine the contributing factors to the artery compression? e.g., How did you get TOS?
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote