Old 04-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

This one?
http://neuropathytreatmentgroup.com/#

This one is a bit better. However, it does not detail what type of R-lipoic is in there.

If it is the older form, that is not very soluble. I was using it for a long time (Source Naturals) and not getting much in the way of improvements. Switching to the Stabilized form has been better for me.

The only caveat I have about this product is that you must take it on an empty stomach for best results. Both the B12 and R-lipoic are better absorbed that way.

It is you choice after all.

If you scroll down to the breakdown of the ingredients at the bottom:
Quote:
f you tried to purchase the individual ingredients in Neuropathy Support Formula at your health food store, you could easily spend…

Benfotiamine (B1)…………………..$50.00
R-Alpha Lipoic Acid………………….$23.00
Methylcobalamine (B12)…………$13.34
Vitamin B6+B2…………………………$14.98
Vitamin D3……………………………….$9.71
Proprietary Herbal Extracts……$11.98

Total Cost………………………….$123.01
This is not really accurate.
Benfotiamine by Doctor's best does not cost $50.00
http://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best-B...3620371&sr=8-1
120 caps is 2 months supply at 300mg a day=$15.87
Doctor's Best R-lipoic acid stablized is $15.29 for 60 which is a 2 months' supply.
The B12 from Puritan's is 5mg is 60/12.99 which is 2 months worth.
http://www.puritan.com/vitamin-b-12-...000-mcg-032860

The rest of the ingredients of this product are commonly in most multivits and the doses in the Support formula.

So if you want to spend the big bucks, and get it all in one you will have to accept that you will need to take it on an empty stomach, and that the lipoic may not work for you.

The major problem with shot gun mixtures that are fixed in dose is that you cannot tailor doses to meet your own needs.
One mixture does not help everyone equally. And many of these products advertise quite a bit and you pay for the advertising.
Buying your own, bypasses that cost addition.

Products like this, and the vitamins in general only help those low in those ingredients. If you are not low in B12, taking more may not work. The same goes for the benfotiamine.

I cannot comment on the herbs...and I really don't like them in there. Some people may react to them, and therefore think the whole supplement is useless. I don't suggest herbs here for that reason, as there are no studies to speak of for using them for PN. Herbs may interact with medications you are taking as well.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote