View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 04:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelztier86 View Post
Hey Brian

thanks so much for taking time to answer my question. Can you specify the answer above? did those symptoms you had suffered from quite long (3 years + ) improve slowly and pretty recent symptoms (1 year) improved rather quickly?
What do you mean exactly with "rapid improvement"? are we talking amout a time frame immediately after surgery?

thanks so much again!
My symptoms were all relatively rapid. I was about 6 months from the first onset of any symptoms to having a thymectomy. In my case, I had a thymoma about the size of a softball. My oldest noticeable symptoms recovered fastest; but none of the symptoms were noticeably present for very long before I had my surgery.

First symptom noticed was slurred speech at the end of long days of working overtime ... and this one was the quickest to recover. An almost atrophied look to my tongue cleared up entirely and immediately (within days of the surgery). My eyelid droop mostly cleared up right away (as in within weeks of the surgery.) This hasn't cleared completely yet but it isn't bad enough that anybody who didn't know me would notice any longer.

I'm still noticing improvement in larger muscles as time goes on. I don't know how much more improvement to expect two years out from the surgery, but I'll take every little bit I get

Brian.
Brennan068 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote