View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 05:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thats good news to hear that you feel on top of the world, but if I pass on a word of caution with your level of activity. After having surgery once, and five months later needing further surgery to clear scar tissue and a rib resection, I am starting to think it was because I was too active while recuperating.

Yes, you feel great, not much pain, more discomfort than anything else, but that is because nerves have been played around with and moved out of the way. Things are a bit numb and through this, the pain receptors do not work and you do not know your limitations.

Please look after yourself Limoges, do not lift anything heavier than a milk bottle and do not over use your arms in preparing food or fetching things from cupboards or washing up. My theory is that contributes to scar tissue growth. You cannot feel pain so you feel that you are able to perform.

Three weeks out of hospital (I was in for five days) I was trimming my hedge, (holding the trimmer above my head) and cleaning up afterwards. I couldn't feel any discomfort and felt great, and looking forward to returning to work.

Looking back, I over did it, because I couldn't feel any limitations. Please be careful, it is not a good feeling having to go through things twice.
Blurto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ladylaura418 (04-05-2012)