View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sadie,

Welcome to the forum! Many times seizure activity will not show up on test because the brain damage is in to deep in the brain for the tests to show. From what you have described it's not a psuedo seizure it's seizures caused by audio and this is called "audio seizures". If I may ask do certain colors bother you causing possible seizures? If this is also happening you may be photosensitive which means certain colors are triggering seizure or you are having audio seizures do to certain sounds.

What you need to do is go to any Epilepsy Center and see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) an Epileptologist is further ahead in understanding and giving treatment to people with epilepsy.

If you haven't started to do it yet you need to keep track of your seizures. Get a calendar and write down what time you have any seizure and write down a description of the seizure. Also take note if you are hearing certain sounds, bright light, flashing light, under stress, or lack of sleep. Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that can trigger seizures.

I'm 49 yrs. old and I know that when I went through my change and the hormones changing triggered more seizures for me also. This could also be what's causing some of the problem.

Start cutting back on the carbs and starch foods and eat foods high in fat this will build keytones in you system and stop the seizures. It's known as the ketogenic diet and it's been out since 1927 to help stop/reduce seizures.
Also start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day this will help calm the nerves down and as wierd as it seems start eating peanut or nuts of any kind just be sure they are low in salt. Nuts help build up progesterone in a woman which in turn helps calm the nerves down. It's worked great for me. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote