View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Life Insurance and PCS

After going through 2 concussions over 2 years and dealing with PCS dizziness, I finally applied for life insurance. I'm a 45 year old man, that never thought he needed it until being reminded of my own mortality - Twice

Anyway, I thought I'd see if any of you had experience with applying for life or health insurance after having a concussion?

When I talked to the life insurance broker, I mentioned the concussion and he said it wasn't listed in the pre-existing condition list. Even though I've had numerous doctor visits including cardiologists and neurologists and had what feels like every test known to man. I complained of heart palpitations, dizziness, numbness, etc during my PCS Dr visits. However I wasn't diagnosed with anything. They just ran tests and told me my heart and brain passed with no visible signs of damage.

The insurance rep says it doesn't matter unless I have a diagnosed condition right NOW. And PCS is not a listed condition. Does this make sense?

I'm in California, and insurance companies have a 2 year incontestability clause. Meaning, they have only 2 years to challenge the policy and verify/disprove anything on the insurance application. So am I better off just not mentioning the PCS during the final exam??
Sandwalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (04-06-2012)