View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you everyone.

ginne, Good for you. I'm glad you are getting some relief as well.

Mark, I've been down in the dumps for so long...I remember you recommended NCEP to me before...but I couldn't pull myself out of the abyss to do anything.

I didn't think anything was going to help me. I tricked myself into thinking I was way more screwed up than I am...Neurological disease, poisoned, unable to make a sandwich...yeah, I was tortured by my thoughts. I'm still suffering from cognitive problems and overstimulation issues...its not ALL psychological, but now that I'm "ALIVE", they aren't nearly as bad as I thought.

The director told me he didn't see anything wrong with me besides my word-finding difficulties. I told him just wait until my brain shuts down mid-conversation...and it did. I had to take a 2 minute, closed eye break in the middle of the interview to get myself back on track. He waited for me patiently (kinda made me feel weird because he was watching me the whole time). I was a space cadet after I left there and still am now...but I'm dealing with it well.

It feels good to be alive again.

Mark, and everyone else here, you helped me a tremendous amount during my time of need. I truly believe God directed me to NeuroTalk. If it wasn't for this place...I don't know where I'd be right now.

Nick
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (04-06-2012), ginnie (04-06-2012), xanadu00 (04-07-2012)