View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 02:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What's the probable issue here?

I have had a number of 'possible' diagnosis, with nothing certain, or anything resulting in positive treatment. So here are the symptoms in as much detail as my memory issues allow me to bring forth:

1. Pain located in elbow. Sometimes it feels to be directly in the joint, while at other times the pain is located above the elbow on the back of the arm, or above the elbow on the side of the arm, or below the elbow where the forearm muscle reaches the elbow joint. Pain may also occur in the forearms.

2. Occurs on both arms, but seems to be much worse on the left arm.

3. Becomes worse with repetitive tasks such as typing.

4. Flares up when reaching out, such as to pick up a glass, with such intensity as to require me to either use the other hand to bolster the left, or to drag the item across the table until it is near the body, thus allowing me to lift it with less pain.

5. If the arm is left straight for more than a couple of minutes, then it becomes very painful to move.

6. If the arm remains bent while performing tasks like typing for more than a few minutes, then the pain begins to build throughout the upper arm, forearm, wrist, and hands. This is a combination of a sharp pain in the elbow and a pressure type pain throughout the rest of the arm and hands. The pain continues to worsen the longer I use it. Eventually I will feel pain building up in the neck and upper back. This will be accompanied with a pain located (it feels like) right below the shoulder blade.

7. Along with the pain noted in item 6, will be the numbing of the hands and wrists. The pain prevents determining if this will spread throughout the entire arm if the activity continued or not.

8. If the arm remains hanging freely for an extended period of time, this will also cause numbness to ensue, starting with the hands.

9. I should note that the strongest numbness occurs in the small fingers, but at the same time also occurs in the long fingers and thumbs but is just more mild.

10. Rest does nothing for these problems, other than immediate relief that only lasts until activity resumes, or until other symptoms start as noted in items 6 and 8.

11. I am already well medicated due to a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, Torn rotator cuffs, and degenerative disc disease. This includes Lyrica, hydrocodone, oxycontin, mobic, and a monthly iv infusion of lidacaine. These medications help, but fall well short of whats needed for the above noted pains and symptoms.

12. EMG studies rule out corpul tunnel.

All assistance in helping me to locate the correct diagnosis of this problem would be greatly appreciated.
tjautry1776 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote