View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all!
I'm new here and just happened on this site and thread. I've had a constant severe headache for 4 months straight now. Not only that but dizziness, nausea, blurred vision, high bp, irratic heart beat, numbness in extremeties. It just came on suddenly after dinner in December.
So far, no one has figured out whats wrong. They thought I had a Chiari Malformation as my brain had sunk, but it wasn't low enough for surgery. Others said my symptoms were from diabetes. We've looked into rare poisonings such as manganese, black mold, lupas...all of wich carry the same symptoms. I know diabetes is a progressive killer but at the time I was pretty healthy, physically active in my job and played racquetball 10-12 hrs a week. Since this dehibilitating pain and other junk, I've become a useless waste. Just recently I had to go to er with possible stroke symptoms (numbness on right side of body). The ringing in my ears is extremely loud and quite often I will get a stabbing pain down the side of my head and then my ear would close up and ring like hitting a tuning fork. And to date i now get burning needles in my arms and face, diarea, loss of memory, dizziness, hallucinations and lack of appetite.
Im not one to take medication, hate it in fact, so I had been dealing with the pain and symptoms medication free until recently because the doc said to at least try to relieve the pain so that they can diagnose the real problem.
Well after a dozen different pain medications that didn't work, the last anitriptolene or whatever it's called, I went to neurologist and she came up with csf leak. I've had 5 MRIs, 2 CAT scans and lumbar puncture previously which showed opening pressure of 5.
So this week I have to get 2 more MRIs with contrast to see if there are any leaks in my spine. If that doesn't show they will inject some neuclear junk in my spine to find the leaks, if any.
I wake up with this and go to bed with it. Social life is worst than before because I can't deal with all the chaos and distractions.
Anyway, the symptoms seem to fit. I haven't tried to lay down yet to see if it lessons the pain but if I remember after hitting the "submit reply" button I will check it out...
Thanks for reading this and I may be glad I found this site!
Munchkinsdad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote