View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 02:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Well, EsthersDoll, I am an 'out of the closet' Neil Diamond fan.

I also liked The Carpenters. The music of those years of 'First love' tend to stay with us.

I think Joe Cocker was sort of the Rap version of the late 60's and early 70's.

The Woodstock generation did have some of the best music. Quite an eclectic range of music and expression.

But, Joe Cocker does look like he hit his head just before coming on stage. Or maybe he just took a hit.

My mind was altered enough. I never needed any mind altering 'help.'
I saw Neil Diamond perform at MSG a few years ago with my mom - it was AWESOME! (I'm actually, an "out of the closet about being a closeted fan".)

I'm a huge Classic Rock fan so I agree with you about the Woodstock generation.

I've seen thousands of live music shows - and that doesn't include any that I was paid to work at. I like many different genres of music. I just wish I could listen to music more often than I can now because of this head injury! That's one of the biggest experiences that I miss because of this brain injury I sustained - that I'm not able to see live music as much as I did. And even listening to recorded music can tucker me out a great deal very quickly. I miss music being more in my life.

Anyway, I think he just looks high in this video... but that's kind of like a self-inflicted head injury, right?

Did you know that John Lennon liked Cocker's version of "With a Little Help From My Friends" better than The Beatles' version?
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote