View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 04:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your post! I had severe trauma to my knees 7.5 months ago (riding a 150cc scooter and someone turned left in front of me, my body and scooter t-boned his SUV and bounced off). I am still in a lot of pain and recently my pain has spread to my lower legs/feet and my glut area (the bones where the nerves run through). I have pain standing and walking from my knees, and the two hip intersection bones when sitting. My PT recommended a book "Explain Pain" and it makes a lot of sense, exactly what you are saying, the brain needs to be retrained. My butt should not be hurting, there is no injury there, but because of the physiological changes to my nervous system because of the prolonged acute pain, the nerve signals are amplified and the brain thinks it needs to signal pain. It is worrying me that I am having this "pain spread", but I am trying to stay calm because I know the stress will only make it worse. I am hoping that maintaining an exercise regimine will help. It sounds logical that meditation should help and I am going to try that.
tpropps is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote