View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 05:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I got a concussion from an auto accident more than 20 months ago and I'm still not better.

MRI's and CT Scans can not show microscopic damage done to brains and neurons are microscopic.

I'm much better than I was! But I'm still nowhere near the functioning level cognitively, physically or energetically that I was before that accident that caused all of this.

You should probably talk with your neurologist and/or PCP about postponing returning to work. An increase in activity when someone is stil experiencing symptoms might prolong them or make them worse.

I wasn't able to return to work for over a year and I'm still only able to work part time. I'm still getting better and my Dr. has given me a very good prognosis - but the brain can take a long time to heal.

Some people randomly get all better over night. You never know.

The thing is - your brain is trying to heal itself and it needs all the energy it can get in order to do that. So anything you do to take energy away from the healing process is prolonging the healing process. Make sense?

Most people here are advocates of healthy living in terms of nutrition. Vitamins, minerals, a good B-Complex, Omega Oils and other supplements can be very good for a normal brain and a godsend for a healing brain.

Exercise lightly to let your brain get the oxygen it needs but don't overdo it, or you might get worse.

I'm sorry you're dealing with a brain injury. Welcome to Neurotalk.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (04-06-2012)