View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ucsd

Hello, I am just now 4 weeks post op. I have venous TOS, and unfortunately was unaware until I had a blood clot and swollen, blue left arm. I live in San Diego, though and was rushed to UCSD Hillcrest hospital. They first went in with catheter, and then did perform first rib resection. I would highly recommend them.
Dr. Bandyk (vascular surgeon and professor of surgery) performed my surgery and I was very impressed with him as well. I would recommend setting up a consultation if you are able. I was in the hospital for a total of 7 days, including both procedures and surgery though. I ranked the ER, hospital, and staff (nurses and doctors alike) very high. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecstyle483 View Post
Has anyone visited this clinic in San Diego?

I currently live in Los Angeles and have been seeing various doctors at UCLA.
My TOS is getting worse and really need to get relief. I have tried physical therapy and all types of conservative treatment. MRI of the cervical spine is normal and there were no abnormalities with my chest Xray. I will be getting a scalene block soon to confirm TOS.

I am to the point where I want surgery. I am 28 years old but I have been suffering from this since I was 26, most likely due to weight lifting.

I know that there are injections and botox treatments but I am afraid as I have read stories of serious injuries.

*edit*

Back to my original question, has anyone tried attending "The UCSD Center for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome" or have heard any thing from this group?
Laur3d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chroma (04-16-2012), nospam (04-09-2012)