View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 01:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi, new here and confused

Hello all. I have been browsing ever since a physician friend of mine suggested that I get tested for MG. Six months ago I had an episode that was considered a stroke at that time, yet it was a diagnosis of elimination. Two weeks ago I had another episode (the ER calls it right eye droop), and that is when my neurologist suggested getting me tested for MG.

I have been in pain off and on since May of 2011, with some burning and numbness. Initially, I went to the doctor to figure out why my leg was hurting so much, and the pain eventually spread to other areas of my body (even my face sometimes). I have been having blurry vision for quite some time as well, and I recently found out I need glasses even though I had perfect vision.

On one hand, I'll be glad to have answers, but on the other, I am terrified of the testing. I had no idea that my eye drooping episodes could be the result of MG, and I'm really nervous about getting a diagnosis.

My neurologist thought I was crazy until he saw the chart from the ER that verifies my eye drooping issues. I am scared to know the truth, even though I am tired of living in pain. Any advice for someone new to this?
Agirlandhertort1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote