View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laur3d View Post
I am just now 4 weeks post op for venous TOS. I also had a blood clot in my left shoulder due to the compression. So during my 7 days in the hospital there was the catheter procedure to break clots, followed by first rib resection. I have been told normal recovery should take 3-4 weeks, but most postings I've seen speak closer to a few months. I have full range of motion, but the most lingering pain is under my armpit. I may get a MRI to get more answers. I tire very easily still- even walking. I am getting weaned of meds, but I'm afraid it's too soon. Hoping to return to work next week. Any similar experiences or feedback? This past month has been quite difficult. Thanks.
Hi there,

I'll be six weeks post-surgery on Tuesday. Of course, everyone's experiences are different, but I'll just say that I've had similarities with you at this point. My pain moved around a lot initially - from my shoulder, arm, back, chest, arm pit. My upper chest and top of my arm are still numb, apparently from severing sensory nerves during the surgery. I've been off all meds for about a week now, and feeling back to about 80% of my usual energy. I still tire quite easily as well, I can be out and about for about 5-6 hours and then need to rest for awhile.

I know this is a long, hard road to recovery, but hopefully we will experience positive outcomes. I have already noticed an increase in my hand strength, and before the surgery, I could barely make a fist. I'll be having my second surgery four weeks from Tuesday, and I'm just hoping it goes as well as the first.

Hang in there!
ladylaura418 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Laur3d (04-07-2012)