View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 12:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Nick,

You've been hanging in there with this condition like a champ...keep it up!

Perhaps next time you meet with your therapist, you could discuss strategies for letting go of and accepting your thoughts and feelings rather than analyzing them. My guess is that you probably get into analyzing mode without even thinking about it and without making a conscious decision; it just happens, and before you know it, your mind is racing, trying to figure out what's going on. If that's the case, your therapist (if she or he is a good one) should be able to help you to develop strategies for working on this.

For what it's worth, here is a mantra that I find helpful. It's not a magic bullet or anything, but it might be good to write down and put somewhere where you'll see it:

"When a difficult thought, feeling, or situation arises, I calmly accept it without judgment."

Working on acceptance and nonjudgment is key--especially with our own thoughts and feelings. I know it isn't easy (believe me, I know!), but in the long run, it works.

Pete
EsthersDoll (04-08-2012), SpaceCadet (04-07-2012)