View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for such a quick reply =D What happened was, i was outside picking leaves up and left a gardening rake laying around.
I didnt see it and ended up stepping on it hitting myself in the lip and above my eye. I didnt lose consciousness but it felt like i was going to, i got a little dizzy and saw stars.
(Happened around the 3rd or 4th of march)

I thought nothing of it till about a week and a half later out of nowhere i went from being completely calm to having a panic attack.
Couple days passed by and i ended up going to a walk in clinic and that was when they diagnosed me with a contusion and PCS.

During that week and a half after getting hit, i dont recall having any symptoms at all.
I just went about and did what i normally do, only thing that i worried about was my lip and the the tooth behind where it hit because that part of my gums were sore for a couple days.

Two days before the clinic was HELL i felt like i was dying, i sat there shaking full of anxiety and being completely dizzy and nauseous.
I couldnt even watch a movie because i just felt so scared. Things got better of course symptoms started easing up.
Then i felt i had enough energy to mow the lawn and i scared myself because i felt my heartbeat, which i thought was extremely high and started getting symptoms back.

Which is weird because, before i dont remember having brain fog or difficulty concentrating/remembering things. Those symptoms just kind if appeared out of nowhere.
No i am currently not under medical care, the Nurse practitioner basically said "this is what you have, go home get some rest" patted me on the back and off you go skippy, kind of thing.
He also told me a few things i should avoid taking like Naproxen and advil cold and sinus etc.

Right now the only thing im taking is an allergy pill, cetirizine to be exact. I take one every day along with a daily muti vitamin, the off brand of One A Day Men's health formula.
Other than that im on no meds for anxiety or headaches or anything, Everytime i get a headache i just take tylenol and it clears it up.
Cept once it got really bad and i couldnt help but take a naproxen.

I've been trying to eat as healthily as possible, i have been getting plenty of rest and just recently i've gotten the energy to get up and start using the computer for more than just a couple hours a day. (i know its not good but i cant help it >.<)
A few days ago i was just too out of it, to dizzy and fatigued and thinking about random stuff so i ended up sleeping a good 14 hours a day.

As far as i know this is the only time i have had a concussion and have been hit that hard.
I had a fight back in the 8th grade and the dude managed to hit me once in the eye but it wasnt hard enough to do any damage at all really.
It left a small bruise and that was about it. I also had a fight with my brother and he hit me on the top of my head with a plastic pipe which left a bump but no concussion like symtoms which happened a couple years ago.
PlasticMonkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote