View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 07:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Help.. re EMG tomorrow...

I have this EMG scheduled for tomorrow morning after 2-3 toes in one foot went numb a couple of weeks ago. My gp ordered an emg and now i'm sitting here biting my nails as to going ahead with it or not. I am supposed to see this neurologist before it's done. I've had rsd for over ten years now and I have no idea where they plan to put the needles in, whether it's in my back or my legs. I get these weird tinglings and pain and numbness in the back of my thighs now for a couple of years too, even in my mid back etc. I'd hate to have this emg done in order to diagnose some nerve failure or damage which may be responsible for the toes bit only to have a terrible flare re the rsd. I did have an emg way back in '99 and i ended up worse coming out of that hopsital after five days than when i went in. barely could walk....And this emg done on my hands a year later didn't reveal anything either but sure caused a lot of pain in my hands even as the guy did it.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Right this minute both feet are tingling, pulsing and weird. So are my thighs at the back.

I did read the rsd hope site on this but I wondered what you think here. And should i simply go to talk to this neuro but not do the emg?

Thanks,
Ina
carousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote