View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 11:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here and scared

Hi
Have had burning soles of the feet for the past week and during the day, they feel full of fluid when l walk, it like a tightening of the skin, like they are going to pop open. Some muscle twitches during the night. When l rung the neurologist he said that l have early signs of Peripheral neuropathy, that was 6 months ago, why he didn't tell me that then l don,t know. So l need to go for more tests a two weeks. I have so many questions. The main one being. Is l have had a few parties over the past few months and have had some bad hangovers from too much wine. This month l have had 2 pretty big nights out, and l am a mother, what was l thinking. Both of those nights had me in bed the next day. Usually l don,t get like that. At home husband l share a bottle of wine a few times per week, l generally don,t drink from Mon- Thu, but do drink more in weekends.

Could l have caused this nerve damage from drinking like this? I mean how much does one have to drink to get nerve damage? I am 41 years old mum, who is at normal range in weight, excersise four times per week and only have two meals per day, which are very healthy. Loads of vegetables and protein and nuts. Could l have done this to myself? Maybe l didn't,t eat enough nutrients and consumed too much wine. Is there a way they can diagnose me as having alcohol neuropathy? A certain kind of test?
Also, thought this was something older people get. Does that mean my life will be shortened because of this? Why is this happening to me? I just feel so anxiouse and sad. I have two lovely daughters to bring up, how am l going to do this in pain?
Also does this mean l can never have a glass of wine again? Today l am invited to lunch, l am so scared of even having just one glass just in case l do more nerve damage.
sorry. Sue
Shezian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote