View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 01:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm starting the proces of being accepted into a study that is researching fatigue after mTBI. The researchers need some paperwork from the hospital where I was initially diagnosed in order for me to be accepted. I don't even know if the hospital will be able to provide them with the proper information but I'm hoping they do because I have to deal with an obscene amount of fatigue especially when compared to how energetic I was before the accident I was in.

They need to see a CT scan - which wasn't done on the day of the accident I was in but about two weeks after. Or they need some kind of glasgow coma scale - which my Dr. says they probably didn't do because I was too awake. So... ?

Anyway, I think it's important to give researchers all the information they need to be able to help people recovering from mTBI in the future.

I didn't apply to be a participant in the study you're taking part in because I'm already receiving CBT for the head injury and its effects since the injury I sustained and I can't imagine what my life would be like without my therapist! I definitely think that talking to her every week helps me a great deal and I'm not willing to give her up just to be a part of the study. I think my life would be more stressful without her right now. I am having a lot of trouble accepting my limitations still - I still want to be the person I was before the accident and I don't like that I'm not.

Anyway, please keep us updated about the study. I'll be interested in reading what their conclusions are.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote