View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mom with anuerysm

Hello,
My name is Theresa. My mom had 2 anuerysms, one that bled severely on her brain. We are on day 17 since the initial bleed. She made it through surgery (both anuerysms were clipped), and is doing well, I think... She is very strong, physically, but mentally is a different story. She doesn't comprehend what happened to her. She is very confused, talks alot about past memories, and doesn't even recognize my siblings and I at times. She has very hard days where she begs and screams at me, she wants me to take her home, thinks we commited her to some drug rehab place (she was an alcohlic, but has been sober for 19years), etc. Tells me she hates what we have done to her and that if we loved her we would take her home, etc.... It breaks my heart. I know she doesn't realize what she is saying, but it still hurts soo much that she is in soo much pain, even though it isn't reality. I sit and pray that she will understand what happened, but she always seems soo confused.. I have no idea what the future holds, what to expect, if this is a normal stage, etc... I just feel soo lost... My heart cries every day...
theresadurkee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote