View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Cipn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
This one is quite new. And surprisingly is very strong. Typically I don't like mixtures, because they often have a ratio that is not really useful.

I would expect this to be very expensive. Was it? If not, then I would wonder if it contains what it says it does! You can send me a PM and tell me if you don't want to post here. I am guessing about $60/month?

It also should be taken on an empty stomach, because of the B12 content. Do the directions say that? If not, that omission is important. So follow the empty stomach recommendation I give for best absorption of the B12.

The D is low, but in a mixture, I wouldn't expect it to be higher.
He may need much more than these provide. But you will have to have testing to show that.
Dear mrsD
I have just joined as a member of NeuroTalk. I have CIPN since 2 years ago after my chemo treatment. I am not taking any medication or supplements at the moment although my oncologist prescribed Lyrica for me. I did some research and understand that there are side effects as with any medication. I am looking for supplements to help relieve my PN. Before I stumbled upon this support group, I ordered Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine)100 mg and Acetyl L-Carnitine & Alpha Lipoic Acid 650 mg from Swanson Vitamins. I have also come across PN supplements from WSN and Neuropathy Support Formula both of which contain various supplements in a single capsule. I am unsure whether I should order these supplements from them as I am not sure of their effectiveness. I have dealt with Swansons before and find them reputable. Are there other supplements that I should take other than those I had ordered? I aplogise if I am covering old ground. Please excuse me as I am a newbie.
Many thanks.
davidliew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote