View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 11:10 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Smile Hi KateLynne!

It's good to meet you! I'm not sure that I have learned to live with my pain yet, even after five years. I adjust my activities because I need to. And I tolerate it because I have to. Most people with experience will tell you that they learn to take things one day at a time, but somehow I've never learned that lesson yet.

I've always been a dreamer, and I simply cannot stop thinking and dreaming about my future, no matter how hard I try. So even though I live with the pain day-to-day, I'm always wondering what it will mean to me in the future. The only thing I've found which consistently makes me feel better is when I can believe that I've really done something to help someone else. I know this may sound Hallmark-ish, but it's true.

I set goals for myself, over the short term and over the long. I decide what I will do today, but also think hard about what I want to be doing a year from now. Dreaming of a better future is the only thing that keeps me pushing myself on a lot of days.

I hope you find your stride, and figure out what it is that works best for you. There is no doubt in my mind that everyone needs to handle pain in their own personal way. Good luck to you, Katelynne, and all my best wishes!

Idealist
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (01-05-2009)