Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 11:24 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Smile Hi Windsong!

It's very nice to meet you. What a pretty name you've chosen for yourself. Five years ago I was a very private person, just like your partner. But being private often means being lonely, and after my illness began I became so lonely that it was virtually unbearable. So I began "lurking" on sites like this, not becoming a member at first, but just reading about other's experiences. Eventually I worked up the encouragement to join one group, and I have to say that when I posted my very first post, and someone answered it with honest sincerity, it really made me feel better right away.

Now I've become a firm believer that talking about your problems with people who understand is one of the best ways to find help for yourself. It makes you feel normal again to be so understood. For your partner's sake, and for yours, I sure hope you can get him to open up a little. Maybe if you could just get him to read the posts for a while it will kindle an interest in him. Whatever happens, I certainly wish you both the very best of luck...

Idealist
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote