View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 03:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

If I watch a screen with moving parts, I quickly experience overstimulation. The more action on the screen the worse it is. The more noise, the worse. I can handle no more than about 30 minutes, with breaks. If I push it, I become foggy and confused and the following day is downhill. Of course, I am still early in my recovery, so that may have something to do with it.

On a good note, we got rid of tv/cable. What a wonderful choice. Now if I want to see something, I have to choose (a video). So much better.

wife and mother of 5 (18, 13, 11, 7, 5)
was: design professor, farmer, and had been studying masters in herbalism and doctorate of naturopathy before accident. now: practicing patience.

What happened: Feb 5 2012 passenger in a single MVA which flipped over end and then rolled 3-4 times. Dx with moderate concussion and released. Dx with PCS a few weeks later

Dealing with: temple to temple headaches, nausea, tinnitus, extreme noise sensitivity, light sensitivity, vertigo, short term memory issues, concentration, become overwhelmed easily, word-finding, stuttering, confusion, sleep issues (falling/staying asleep), fatigue +++

Prescribed: Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Physical Therapy, and rest!!!
emme727 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (04-09-2012)