View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 04:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello -- thank you so much for your post. I somehow missed all the posts after June of last year, and only saw this now. How have things turned out for your son? We had a similar experience in that no one at the hospital gave us any information about long-term effects. It was also really surprising to me how many doctors seem to be unaware of the more recent research about concussions in children -- how they need to be taken more seriously, and how important it is to monitor children afterwards.

I really, really hope that things are going well for you and your son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug77 View Post
My son suffered a head injury at the age of 4yrs3mos which resulted in him losing consciousness for less than a few minutes and three stitches on his forehead. I monitored him for a concussion but he seemed fine at the time.

I was never given any information at the hospital as to what could be expected from an injury such as this. My son began displaying aggressive behavior and as time went on, all the common symptoms of ADHD which I have now learned are the same symptoms displayed by people that have suffered injury to their frontal cortex. He now (at age 8 and a half) also has a very high anxiety level and symptoms of depression. At this point I don't know whether the behavior/symptoms are from the injury or if he just has ADHD and/or some other disorder (anxiety, depression etc) as I am still in the process of getting a diagnosis for him. It is very frustrating for both him and I.

He is starting a form of biofeedback treatment this week that I am hopeful will be helpful. I'll repost at a later time as an update.

Good luck.
Lillia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote