View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 06:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What next?? :( TOS diagnostic tests

Continuation from the first post in the intro to TOS thread, I was in hospital for 2 weeks. I was diagnosed with TOS by my vascular surgeon and his team, and 3 individual physios. Problem is I have had:
Chest X-ray- no cervical rib or bony abnormalities
Clear MRI of brachial plexus and MRA with contrast and hands in the overheard position (after which I was in absolute agony)
A clear ct scan with contrast
Seen by a rheumatologist and he ruled out RA, lupus etc
Neurologist said my reflexes are intact
Slight slight ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow on nerve conduction studies ( was told this was caused by leaning on my elbow, so no significance after all that)
Clear MRI of brain
Clear EMG

All the diagnostic tests like Adsons etc proved positive for aTOS??!
No mention of an elevated first rib showing on the x rays even though physio and non physios can see this from a mile away my clavicle/first rib is protruding and much higher than my other side

Got a stellate ganglion block --no pain relief after it whatsoever ..

They are still trying to think of tests they can do that will finally show something up, surely if a nerve and or artery is being compressed like they believe it is, it would have shown on the MRI/ MRA ??

I am due for another chest X-ray tomorrow, I dont know where they are going with this??
They have said because I am lying down in a relaxed position for these tests that they will be clear, especially if it is soft tissue causing the problem!

So where do I go from here?! What other tests are there?? Is my only Option ANOTHER 7 months of physio in the hope it'll 'fix itself'??

Please Some advice is badly needed if anyone has gone through this!!
laura18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote