View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I def experienced this in the first 8 months of my injury, but its been much better the past 3 months. It usually came on with the dizziness.

Interesting that you got a hit in the head too. I just hit my head last week on a huge metal bar in my OR setting. Its called a C-arm, part of fluoroscopy equipment to take live x-ray during procedures. its a moveable part of the equipment to look at different angles, and my back was turned for a second and i didnt realize the doctor changed the angle, so when i turned back around, i smacked the left side of my head hard off of it. I immediately got a headache, but no dizziness. I was in the middle of a case, so i couldnt leave my patient. A couple hours later, i got a little bit foggy and went home and took the next day off to rest and make sure it didnt progress into something worse. I was very fortunate that i woke up feeling great the next day and it didnt cause an issue. I have been feeling wonderful for the past 3-4 months and back to my old self with barely any symptoms, so i was very nervous i was going to have a setback with the hit to the head. Thank god!!!
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote