View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khakis View Post
Hi, I'm posting again because some symptoms have changed and I'm hoping to get more insight from some of you on if it's TOS and what to do next? Or do I keep waiting it out??
Symtoms-started 2 months ago as carp. tunnel, then ulnar, then shoulder. Now there is almost constant burning under arm pits & back of arms-both sides, occasional pain across back of neck.
Physiatrist thought TOS and wants to do an EMG (have not yet); I don't want a chiro (sorry, no use trying-husband has tried and I won't yet). I am willing (now) to fork over the $2k for the EMG, but wonder if I should see another DR first--preferably who might diagnose and give PT exercises without more tests.
I can't seem to find any around me who specify TOS as a specialty--I don't believe I'll need surgery so I havent gone that route. I read Jo*Mar state most of you had no luck with orthos. From a DR standpoint--should I try neuro, ortho, or a dif physiatrist? I have checked the DR list, none around me--I'm in Charlotte area.
THANKS everyone!
I can't tell from your message if you're investing any time into your body each day and how so. I find this is essential for resolving or reducing problems. I also find that with TOS, it can be very touchy as to what things will work or not.

Resources I recommend include:

"Pain Free at the PC" by Egoscue

"3 Minutes to a Pain-Free Life" by Weisberg & Shink

"The Core Program" by Brill

"Posture, Get It Straight" DVD by Novak (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y9AELC/)

I've owned up to the fact that if I want my body to work reasonably well, I have to invest in it every morning.

I know that might not be the kind of answer you were looking for, but these are things that you can get started with for cheap right away and may be helpful if you haven't explored them already.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote