View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winic1 View Post
Had the blood drawn on Friday, and yes, yesterday was a holiday, but now wondering how long it takes to get the results? Is this a standard time frame, or does it take longer? Don't go for the EMG until next week.

Can't decide if I want it to be positive, and then I have a real, incurable problem, or not, and then I have weird symptoms that act like something but no proof of it, again. I have so many weird, is-but-isn't things that it would almost be nice to actually have something, and maybe get something done about it for once. Limbo sucks. But so does having real diseases, huh.
My first test was tested by Quest (I think) and it took 2+ weeks....the second test is at Athena and not done yet...I was warned that Athena can take extra long....these are for the same test, just double checking with 2 different labs (my first test was 234.98 where a 0.5 or higher result gives you a positive diagnosis of MG....I would say I am on the HIGH end of a positive result LOL) My doctor said there are only like 3 labs that do these tests...I know Athena is going to also do the MUsk test but ONLY if the first one is Negative (which my doctor says is HIGHLY UNLIKELY) so I for these results, I think you can expect at least a 2 week wait.

Darci
Icrad1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote