View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Spinal Cord Stimulators and CRPS Spread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus777 View Post
Thanks cprsjames,
My stimulator worked for five great years. Yes, the CPRS has spread to the surgical site where the battery pack is in my side. When it first stared to burn I thought the battery itself was leaking but after xrays and tests on the stimulator my pm dr said the CPRS had spread to me side. It is the first time my symptoms spread. It really scared me. Where else will it spread?
I read about the tDCS but I am confused about how I get started. I know my insurance will say no but can I get the equipment on my own? Is it expensive?
Thanks,
Lupus
Hey Lupus,

So sorry about your experience with the Spinal Cord Stimulator. You were very fortunate to get five years out of it. With CRPS 3-5 years is typical with many SCS failing sooner.

Sadly, with CRPS, SCS frequently cause spreads particularly to the surgical sites. I still have mine in and with severe CRPS at the surgical sites, which is also a common side effect with CRPS, I am stuck with the implant for life. Please consider removal very carefully as I have been advised by four doctors that taking the SCS out could cause full body and internal CRPS spread.

Please review the tDCS thread. It is worth a shot at trying. There are resources listed there as well as treatment facilities. You can also learn a lot about tDCS by doing a Pub Med search.

If you would like to try it yourself you do not need a script to purchase the equipment. Just do a search and you will locate sites that do not require scripts.
CRPSjames is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote