View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 05:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, I am usually on the weight forum due to not wanting to deal with chronic pain and had rather laugh and cut up there.
Truth is had a listened to the Neuro NUT that told me I need to see a shrink for my jerking, arms, legs, head, full body you name and my other many issues, had I not believed in myself and known for 13 years as I stumbled through various doctors and a husband that did not believe anything was wrong with me...only in my head he thought. NS in my town said come back when you have radicular pain. I ended up stumbling, falling, having jerks so viloent they looked like I was seizing. By the way I never had the radicular pain at all. I had neuropathy and myelopathy. Had I listened to these jeks and not sought comepetent help, I would now be in a wheelchair wearing diapers and being fed. I got a good new Neuro in my town, he came from a large hospital in New York, he sent me to a good medical school where an excellent NS saved me. I was in surgery 8 days after he checked me over. Please never never believe any doctor or family member when you know in your heart that something is wrong.
I have wrecked my car from blacking out last month have injured my neck again and now it is all coming back. Fired my primary Friday. It wasn't the doc it was the office help..long story. At this moment I am whinning, will I stop trying to get myself help. NO WAY.
Please believe in yourselves and don't accept needing a shrink as a way to heal what is physical. Would I go to one for the pain and couseling and to help me cope even at this age of nearly 65, sure. I know they can help but they can't operate. I also use my faith to get me through which is my personal help too.
Also excuse the bad spelling and wording. I am having lots of confusion and brain fog. I have followed this thread and you folks are so brave and caring so is mommyjen. I only have DDD, myofacial pain syndrome or trigger point pain, bulging all the way down and sacroliac is another story. Guess to be accurate my spine is just crumbling and has been from overusing it for years.At this point until I get help again I don't know where this is going, but I am old enough to just be an ole granny! Right now I am missing my brain and I am not kidding. Beginning to wonder if it will ever return at this point. Oh well, sooner or later I'll forget all about it anyway. Laughter needed here! Feel free to laugh it helps me feel more normal.
Hugs to all of you, Anne
froglady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote