Thread: Hello All. SCT
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Since I have worked with drugs all my adult life, I tend to think about the drugs used to suppress your bone marrow.

These chemo agents damage DNA in the whole body. And it is now known, they affect the brain (chem brain) and over time the incidence of cancer is greatly increased. Some people who survive one cancer have been known to develop another because of the chemotherapy.

So while you are young, Tyson and look like a strong physical candidate, I'd research now, the incidence of cancer from the strong drugs you will be given. In older patients, with a shorter life expectancy left, this is less of an issue. But in a patient very young, I think it is something to think about.

So here is a medical blog that explains this well:
http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2010/1...nd-malignancy/

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote