View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 09:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default cognitive thinking abililties

Hey everyone ...

I'm ALIVE and well!!

I've been trying to log on for weeks now (months, probably!) and just haven't been able to get on. It was so darn frustrating, especially when I was a basket case and needed not only answers, but my friends. The message (below) is a duplicate one that I posted on Brain Talk. I got one response but value your input. I feel like a kid in a candy store ... I can connect again with my FRIENDS!

Terri

Hey everyone,

I was a basket case yesterday but, well, at least my sense of humor is back today. It's been a rough month.

For those who don't know me ...

I was dx 2 1/2 years ago at the age of 44. I turn 47 in nine days!

Since then, I have been seeing the neurologist every four months. This is the first time, however, that the medications that I'm currently taking aren't doing the trick. I take 1.5 mg of Mirapex (3 x day), Artane (2 mg 3 x a day), and Wellbutrin.

I now find that my stiffness is getting worse, my balance is occasionally off, that I am tripping more often, and that my cognitive skills (especially) are truly suffering. It is a combination of all the physical, mental, and cognitive problems getting worse that leads me to believe that the neuro may begin Sinemet for the first time.

This scares me, but I have also heard from a number of you that I shouldn't fear it.

My main question (today!) is how well Sinemet helps with cognitive skills.

If anyone could give me some idea, based on your experience, that would be wonderful.

Terri

P.S. As for logging on, I'm still having difficulties, but my husband is back in town and is helping. I had to disable the Norton Internet Anti-Virus program and will need help resetting my password, but at least I'm back!
proudest_mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote