View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 06:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul 1967 View Post
#

I had my c6/c7 op in july 2007 and 3 years on i am no better' the pain in my arms hands legs and feet are excruiciating,i ahve been off work a lot since my op' and hanging on till i can get finished up on medical grounds,i wake up everyday and it feels like my skin is too tight for the rest of my body,the nerve pain that shoots up and down my arms and legs is as bad now as it was 'way back then,i do hope yours get better and you feel better,soory for being the bearer of bad news,but it might only be me who feels this way
paul 1967 i just found this site and i am having just about all the same issues you seam to talk about in this post. i am wondering how you are doing now and what if anything has been done for you for these problems. i had my cervical discectomy and fusion c4/c5 & c6/c7 about 5 months ago on Nov 29,11. most of my pain was on the right side per op, neck arm, hand. when the doctor stated i needed the surgrey the plan was to also do c3/c4 but upon wakeing after surgery he told me there was to much bleeding so they did not get the third disc(thou his op report seems to say different then what he told me by a little bite, but thats a differnet story). when i woke up from the surgery i had so much pain on the left side the right side seem much better but it was a little hard to be sure due to the new and extreme pain now on the left side. the doctor told me that this pain was just due to the surgery(tapeing and glueing me to the table) and should go away soon, well it is even worst now. i am still in PT 4 days aweek for 2 to 3 hours. it seems PT only aggravates the situation, i leave PT in even more pain then when i arrive. i am now haveing pain in the neck both arms, shoulders and hands to the point where after about 45 min to an hour of standing or walking i have to lie down or sit in a seat with a high enough back to support my head and neck. and the head aches.... omg the headaches. this is a workmens comp injury and after my last visit with the DR i get the feeling he wants to be done with me, not sure if that is ture, its just a feeling i get from him.i feel so lost and frustrated. i have found on the inter net many people that have alot of the same issues but i have yet to found anyone who has had anything that has helped. i understand it has only 5 months for me but i am scared because this has only gotten worst with time(thou maybe only a little time). any suggestion from you or anyone will help. due to this being my first time on here i think i will repost most of this again to see if i can reach anyone else. sorry if there are any spelling errors it has taken a good while and toll on me just type this much. Thanks
littlepaul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote