Thread: Vitamins
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A few things

To ask you. Is do you think l should risk having a glass or two of wine? Do you think l will know straight away if this is a trigger. I just con,t want to damage anymore nerves. I asked my MD and she said it is highly unlikely that this could have been caused by alcohol. My health comes first, but l Enjoy a nice glass here and there, but l will never again drink that much again. This has been a real wake up call, hopefully it is not too late to heal. Thats,even if alcohol was the cause. Life is too short to be sick, but it is also too short not to do the things we enjoy, so it's finding the balance.

Now on the iron. My iron has always been borderline low but my haemoglobin has been lower. Not sure why. Do you think it's because l run and stomach acid?

I used to take iron supplements (ferro graduate, l think that's how you spell it), but read somewhere it isn't,t good for the stomach, so l stopped about a year ago. Then l had kangaroo meat, and l got all dizzy from the taurine l think in the meat as its very tough, but lean meat, double the iron than normal red meat. After having kangaroo last year l had another blood test to see how my iron is and it was normal for the first time without supplements, but still my haemoglobin was low. Googled it many times and cannot seem to find out why this is? That is a mystery, all the Doctors cannot understand it and now just accept that it is normal for me.

Sue
Shezian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote