View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It is interesting how people can view things and have different perspectives. For instance, my take on the videos is a little different. I hear him talking about how historically concussions have been taken too lightly....people had the "shake it off" mentality.

He also says now concussions are beginning to be looked at in a similar light to severe head injuries. He is frustrated by the fact that there are over 30 definitions for concussions, and believes there should be 1 standard definition.

That definition should be based on best evidence seen from the injured (signs, symptoms, neurocognitive symptoms etc).

If you go down to the second link and view the videos there, you will see him stating that he doesn't care what it takes, he is focused on getting better outcomes for TBI patients. He understands the need for the science and research, but he wants it to be done more quickly and with a purpose, becuase results are needed.

That is my view on what I saw anyway.

Symptoms: focus/concentration issues, short term memory issues, nausia, dizziness, sleep problems, noise/light sensitivities, extreme fatigue, irritability, vision problems, slow processing, tingling in extremeties and a few more I can't remember.
HeadStrong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote