View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 09:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Lyrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdadnoni View Post
My husband has been on lyrica for about 6 months. It was helping the burning pain and tingling for neuropathy but isn't working anymore so they want to up his dose. He has become paranaoid, thinking I am out to control him, he has become violently angry , losing hair, dangerous weight gain, swelling, fluid retention.....the worst part is that the effect on his brain makes him in denial that it is the drug so he is increasing it. I am considering leaving before he hurts me. Be careful- it is a dangerous drug for some people.
I was prescribed LYrica for 6 months and it was good at first, but it quit working.

When I told my Doc she said she was finding that it helped most people for 6 months or so and then it was ineffective.

If you or a loved one have side effect and you have only started taking one new med, call your doctor immediately. I had a reaction once and felt like I was in a deep bottle and went to an ER, they told my daughter they thought I was crazy but to still take the med. On my own, I didn't take one more of those pills. (the elimination diet, kind of I was not crazy and that was the only new thing I had) and the symptoms went away. On that Monday I called the Docs office and he told me that was the exact problem and I was right on to quit taking it.

Talk to your Doc and ask if that may be the problem. They usually have an on-call and know more about you than an ER doc knows. Unless it is a life threatening thing, call an oncall.

Malinda

Last edited by MalindaK; 04-11-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: more
MalindaK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote