View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadStrong View Post
I have thought about running away (some place warm with Palm trees) many times lol
Thanks for saying it out loud
The island of Vieques in Puerto Rico, in a village called Esperanza, with chickens & horses running around free--there are beaches where you will find NOBODY, unless you want to, and wonderful people who will sell you fried plantains & octopus salad when you are hungry...THAT'S my happy place, and where I will go when (if?) I run away. It's scarily specific!
43-year-old female, final blow leading to PCS occurred Jan 2, 2012, when I hit my head on the edge of the car door, hard enough to chip the paint. Felt "okay" for a couple of hours. Then headache, dizzyness, nausea, etc., hit hard. Diagnosed as "concussion & contusion" first, then PCS a couple of weeks later. Lasting symptoms: persistent brain fog, enhanced depression & anxiety, intermittent dizzyness, mild constant headache (where a full-on migraine is a 10 level pain, these are about a 3). I also have trouble remembering faces/names, am easily confused, and can't read choral music (!). My worst issue is that I often dream that I do something, but don't realize it was a dream--this is causing issues in my job.

Am on the feeling better/crashing roller coaster now. Take 10 mg of Elavil per day which has helped a great deal.
leebeemi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Soccergal (04-12-2012)