View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pocket of Fluid- 3 Weeks After Permanant Implant

UGH! I knew something was amiss. Last Thursday I went to the Dr because my incision on my spine was *****, he cleaned it and put sterile stripes on it and sent me home with it covered. Showed up yesterday for a follow up and told him that I was in so much pain that something was wrong. He removes the gauze and stuff and just stares and my back. After having 3 other surgeons come in and stare at my back like I was on exhibit, they determined my body was "rejecting" the internal stitches and brought me to the surgery center to numb me up and dig out the stitches.

Well.... While digging, something pops! And boy it felt good, I finally felt relief. They found a large pocket of fluid between my spine and the metal device. Still unsure if it has corrupt my device or not, but if so, it must come out!

Today, we go back to learn how to change my dressing for my gaping wound daily and find out more about this.
Also, surgeon said I can't travel to Florida, which I'm scheduled to fly out tomorrow because I need close monitoring but he also said this won't make me sick. So, I'm super confused, upset and mad.

Has anyone had anything like this?

Thanks!
Tara
TaraD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-11-2012), Mark56 (04-12-2012), Rrae (04-11-2012)