View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 10:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

An opinion on the SCS...

I would not do it again.

I have had two from ANS (the Genesis and the Eon).

The trial was much better than the implants.

As far as the Reps that I had you may as well say that their heads were up their asses and maybe that is where some of the problem was. One would try to program me while she would eat her granola bar or breakfast. The records of the settings were not kept in my file at me Doctors’ office and then when the main one was on vacation and another was in to re-program it and could not program it (when a lead moved) was told no records were in my file. I asked the one who had been programming it and she told me they were “probably in her car”. I had always had it programmed at the doctor’ office that implanted it so it’s like what are they doing in your car and why are they leaving the office? Bottom line no records. I did not like the thumping sensation that the SCS - but I could not get this across to the rep - I think everytime she liked to make it thump harder and harder. Supposedly that is why they put in the rechargeable SCS to turn up the voltage so they could make it so it would not thump - and the Doctor keep saying he wanted the voltage turned up but she would not do it.

Then I was dumb enough to let them put in the rechargeable one because it was “top of the line - so much better” - right after it would come on by itself and it never really work that is all that I would say - and the bottom line is they told me that I was not smart enough to have a SCS.

I spoke to ANS directly and tried to work out the problem but to no avail.

Once it is in there is yours and they really don’t care - every one has their money and lots of it!

Now it's on to the pump...

jllenrad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hurting (09-03-2010)