View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 04:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Relax and breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by just not right View Post
I had L4-S1 fusion when i was 37. Im just wondering how many people did more then 1 back surgery. What kind of job did you have? Did that job make put more stress on your back? Right know im on Long term disablity just had hip arthroscopic surgery on 2/17. When i heal and recover i will go back to work, but my job terminated me october 2012 because i was on LTD for a year. I was a communication installer pretty physical job. Im just wondering if a should find job less physical job so my back surgery doesnt give out. I really dont want to have another back surgery. What jobs did you do and was it to much on your back? I dont think i can sit in office doing work. I would go nuts. So whats a good job for me to do?
Sorry you are so worried.

Having one surgery does not always mean you will have more surgeries.

I have had 3 and am having one more on the 17th. But my back and c-spine were all bad due to an accident.

Two were on my lower back (one fusion was rejected and had to be redone)

The other was my cervical surgery. Now I have to have more of the surgery done there.

It is important to know/understand that it was noted that I needed surgery in 1994 and no one did it until 2002. It was almost too late. A car accident would have snapped my neck.

MY UNCLE, on the other hand, was walking bent over and had one surgery and never had to have another and it's been over 25 years.

It depends on the person/ their health/their outlook/ their general overall support system. It really does matter if you have support of people and/or family (even if they are not your biological family) and can be calm over things. Stress makes pain worse.

I hope that helps.

Malinda
MalindaK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-11-2012)