View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotmo68 View Post
I am only 43 and tend to have the same fears. My neurologist ruled out all underlying causes, and believes it hereditary because my mother had it. I watched my mother suffer for a long time with this and it got worse and worse.
I don't know how long ago that was. I watched my mother suffer with debilitating migraines for decades, but that was in the 1950s-1980s, and about the only thing they had to treat her with back then was phenobarbital; there were no triptans (first introduced after she passed) nor preventative medications to speak of. I seem to have inherited migraines from her, but they are much more treatable with more options.

My point is that while there is no cure for PN now, there are some effective treatments, and while there aren't for everyone, advances in medicine are occuring like other technologies - at an accelerated (algebraic rather than geometric) rate, with many new developments in the pipeline. It may only be years instead of decades or generations until we have better medications & treatments.

Just look how far we've been able to come in the past 15 years (advent of WWW). Before that, we had no way of finding & learning all that we have today, not to mention what we now know about supplements and medications that are helping us.

Doc
Attached Thumbnails
Really worried about the future being only 41.-graph-1-jpg  

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-11-2012), Idiopathic PN (04-12-2012)