View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideOn View Post
I have found that lately I am constantly looking for symptoms, sometimes it's hard to tell whether it's new or I've noticed it because I'm paying such close attention. This adds to the worry about getting worse, not being able to work and so on.

I'm trying meditation and have read a great book called Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn, which is helping a bit. Also the stories of people on this forum help.

My question is how do others deal with the constant worry and stop themselves catastrophising?

Not sure why you are looking for additional symptoms. Dealing with each day's is more than enough. Otherwise, you will put yourself thru something like it is happening before something might happen or not even happen at all. Don't do this to yourself.

Most of us here on NT try to take each day; one at a time. Each case is so different. See if a friend needs your help or someone to talk with. Thinking of others might help take the panic you are putting on yourself and possibly be there for someone else. Sometimes this can give you the reward of feeling good about yourself.

(Ger)
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote